Sunday, August 26, 2012

Deinonychus Drawing

Check it out!
Deinonychus antirrhopus

Just finished this about a week ago. MAN was this quite an undertaking! Yes, I drew this entire thing by hand, without tracing anything!. I used an image by Scott Hartman as my guide, and while I struggled a bit keeping the proportions correct (the limbs in particular seem out of proportion compared to Hartman's), I feel like a got pretty close. Not bad for my first attempt at a full skeleton! I've drawn a feel skulls reference museum photos that I think also turned out pretty well, and I would have done that with this drawing as well, but being my first try, I wanted the clearer delineation that would come with copying someone else's drawing. Never mind the numbers and things scribbled on the paper. Those were for my own reference, and don't really mean anything anatomically.



Here's a couple in-progress pictures:
How I did it

I angsted for a while over whether or not to go over my pencil lines with ink.
Obviously I did in the end. If I decide I don't like it, then I guess that'll just
force me to try again! 
a

No comments:

Post a Comment